Information clause on the processing of personal data for marketing purposes
Information regarding the processing of personal data by Ostendi Global Ltd. for marketing purposes
With regard to the processing of your personal data, we ensure compliance with the applicable legislation governing the protection of personal data, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation – “GDPR”.
Terms used in this document:
GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the European Union, L 119, 4 May 2016, pp. 1-88).
Ostendi Global – Ostendi Global Ltd. Piękna street 44/1, 00-672 Warsaw, e-mail address: email@example.com.
Personal Data Administrator
The Administrator of the personal data (hereinafter: “Administrator”) is Ostendi Global Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw (00-672), Piękna 44 lok. a, registered in the National Court Register – kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Economic Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000806907, REGON: 384538526, NIP: 7010948454.
Personal data processed
For the purposes of conducting marketing activities and providing you with marketing and commercial information, we process the following data:
- Data provided by you directly to Ostendi Global: name, surname, email address, telephone number, name and address of employer, position in the company;
- Data collected automatically by Ostendi Global via cookies and resulting from your activity on Ostendi Global’s websites e.g. ostendi.net, www.panel.ostendi.pl (e.g. frequency of visits to the website, lists of sub-pages visited, information on downloaded educational material).
- Data provided in the contact form available on the ostendki.net website.
- We also examine the data generated when you open and use our newsletters received by email (time of opening, hyperlinks selected, documents downloaded), in order to include personalised information developed on this basis in subsequent newsletters, which is best suited to your interests and needs.
Purpose and legal basis of data processing
In order to be able to carry out marketing activities aimed at businesses, we process your personal data on the basis of the legitimate interest of Ostendi Global Ltd. (legal basis derived from: Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). Our legitimate interest is to use your business personal data for direct marketing of our products and services only in a business relationship, provided that you have consented to communication by email or telephone to receive marketing and sales information from Ostendi Global or consent regarding the so-called Cookies indicated on our websites. By giving your consent, you will be able to access Ostendi Global’s company materials (e.g. the ability to download a report, article, etc.), take part in events organised by us; and carry out other marketing activities aimed directly at entrepreneurs working with Ostendi Global Ltd. Having weighed our interest and your interests, rights and freedoms, we inform you that we will not interfere with your privacy. For more on this, please refer to section no. 5.
Profiling the preferences and interests of data subjects
In order to be able to carry out professional marketing activities, Ostendi Global profiles your preferences and interests in order to best tailor marketing communications to you. We analyse your preferences and interests on the basis of data collected automatically (recorded and stored) via cookies and resulting from your activity on our websites: www.ostendi.net, ostendi.app. The result of the profiling of your preferences and interests that we use is to present you with marketing messages and activities about Ostendi Global’s products and services by email or telephone, as well as to individualise the marketing messages that Ostendi Global directs to you. The use of profiling may also lead to differentiated offers to different people who are in similar situations. Ostendi Global’s messages may also be displayed on the websites of unrelated parties providing advertising services to us, e.g. Google AdWords and Google AdSense.
Recipients of data
We only pass on your data to the following types of recipients:
- Ostendi Global’s service providers, e.g. those who carry out statistical analyses and provide technical support for our systems;
- to Ostendi Global’s service providers who, under separate contracts with us, provide certain services that may involve the processing of personal data, as well as approved subcontractors of our service providers;
- to Ostendi Global’s third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf and under separate agreements, such as hosting of our websites, operation of customer support tools (e.g. CRM), accounting system providers, online marketing system providers, analytics service providers, marketing support service providers.
In addition, we may transfer data to public authorities. In such cases, the scope of the personal data transferred is determined by the legal obligations incumbent upon us.
Duration of data retention
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests and as long as the interest of the data subject requiring us to cease further processing does not override this. We may be legally obliged to retain data without a legitimate interest, e.g. a statutory retention obligation. As soon as the personal data no longer fulfils the purpose for which it was collected or for which it was processed, or its retention is no longer lawful, we delete the personal data without any action on the part of the data subject.
We retain your personal data processed for marketing purposes until you withdraw your consent or object as you no longer wish to receive marketing or marketing-related information from us. Statements to this effect should be submitted to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are obliged by law to store your personal data, we will retain your data until the end of the applicable retention period. If the processing of personal data is solely for the purpose of complying with a statutory retention obligation, access to such data is generally limited to cases where such access is necessary to comply with the retention requirement.
Transfer of data outside the EU
Your personal data may be transferred to international countries/organisations outside the European Economic Area where these countries/organisations have been recognised by a decision of the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data in relation to the level of protection in force in the European Economic Area or subject to adequate safeguards, which may consist of the use of binding corporate rules, standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, standard data protection clauses adopted by the President of the Data Protection Authority or contractual clauses authorised by the President of the Data Protection Authority.
Data subject rights
The data subject has the right:
- to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of his/her personal data and to have the data transferred to another data controller. The above rights may be exercised, for example, by giving us notice by email to the following email address: email@example.com or by post to the registered office of Ostendi Global
- to opt-out of data processing, i.e., depending on the circumstances, to object or withdraw consent (i) to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling by Ostendi Global or (ii) to receive marketing and sales information by telephone or email. Objection or withdrawal of consent can be reported to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- lodge a complaint with the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection (in the future to the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection) on matters related to Ostendi Global’s processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions, please contact our Information Security Administrator (future Data Protection Officer) by email: email@example.com or by letter to: Ostendi Global Ltd, 44 Piękna Street, 1, 00-672 Warsaw.